Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Life On Display

     Ahh... Where to begin... I am married to a soldier, we have five children to include 21 month old boy/girl twins, he is currently deployed to Afghanistan and before you get your hopes up... no my life is NOT like the show! I hate when people ask me that... I mean REALLY hate it! My life is hectic, hard, crazy, stressful and sometimes utterly insane, but that's life for a true Army Wife.
     Since I'm clearing things up from the start, I'll touch on the next hated question. The inevitable "How do you do it" question. I hate this question for two reasons, one is... Does the person asking the question really believe I have another option? How would I NOT do it? What would that entail? Would I just pack up and run away from home and not come back until my husband retires? I do it the same way everyone in the world lives their lives... I wake up everyday and just do it.
     The second reason I hate this question is because I feel that the asker of the question is looking for some amazing and profound response from me, and that no matter how I answer I'm going to somehow disappoint them. I don't live this life because of some strong sense of patriotism or an undying love for my country, I live this life because I love my husband more than anything in the world and this just happens to be his chosen profession. If you really love someone should their job be a deal breaker just because it makes life hard sometimes? I mean I guess if he were a drug smuggler or a male prostitute than that would be a deal breaker (although I think those people deserve love to, just not from me) but he's not, he's an American Soldier and I'm very proud of that. Don't get me wrong, I do love my country, it's just that that didn't play a role in my deciding to marry a soldier.
     So, since I hate the show Army Wives and love sharing my stories of craziness (normally via Facebook) I've decided to take the advice of my friends and blog away. So if your like me and enjoy looking through the window into a life that's not your own, then tune in and hold on tight because it doesn't get much more entertaining then Army life, deployment, five kids and twins... I promise you'll not only be entertained, but you will also be regularly thanking God that it's me and not you! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment