Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Would You Like Soy Sauce With That ?

So... Shirl (my oldest) had the day off of work today and decided to take Michael and Ethan to the lake, which left just me and the twins for dinner tonight. After a lot of debating, I decided to give the twins the leftover pasta in the fridge and treat myself to a sushi delivery. Now... everyone in my house knows better then to try to eat in front of the twins (they had already finished their dinner by the time my sushi arrived) so since I know better as well, I set up some peanut butter Ritz crackers on the table that they could just walk over and grab as I was eating. So I sat down to eat, feeling pretty pleased with my preemptive snack prep for the babies and proceeded to open my containers. Just as I took the lid off of my container of soy sauce, Gavin comes running over to see what I have. As he reaches the table he gets so excited over the crackers I had set out for him that he throws the golf ball sized bouncy ball he was holding and yup... you guessed it...it landed directly in the soy sauce! There was soy sauce EVERYWHERE!!! It splattered on not one but two walls, two framed pictures, my diaper bag and the kitchen table! It was absolutely unreal! So much for trying to treat myself to a nice dinner lol. Instead I got to treat myself to scrubbing the walls...

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these posts! You were always quite a writer!

    ReplyDelete